Released June, 2007
The Pros:Mids and highs are clear and distinct. Bass output is high-powered, enough volume for any home environment.
The Cons:Takes up a fair amount of room, no wall-mounting. Subwoofer is very large, requires an independent power source. Very little backwards compatibility with older home theater equipment.
The Samsung HT-TXQ120 is a 1000 watt, all-in-one 5.1 channel surround system offered by Samsung. The package includes a DVD player/AV receiver, a 165 watt subwoofer, four floorstanding 167 watt front/surround speakers and a 167 watt center speaker.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
The first thing you will notice about this system is the DVD player/AV receiver actually stands vertically and features a retro-style LED display which shows input sources, elapsed time and MP3 track name with a soothing blue light. This receiver is well equipped able to play virtually an CD and DVD disc, inluding MP3, WMA, AC-3 and JPEG discs, and is compatible with DivX and WMV formats. It also has a direct USB port and is WiFi compatible. It is capable of decoding Dolby Pro Logic II (DPL2), Dolby Digital and DTS surround sound formats and has ten digital signal processing (DSP) modes such as Super 5.1 and virtual headphones. There is an HDMI input/output which allows direct Dolby/DTS decoding and can play up to 1080i video to an HDTV. There are also component and video output jacks for added connectivity, and it also features digital optical and analog audio inputs. The inlcluded Auto Sound Calibration (ASC) system uses an external microphone to callibrate the sound output to match the acoustics of your room.
- Components: DVD player / AV receiver , Speaker system
- Sound Output Mode: Surround Sound
- Built-in Decoders: Dolby Pro Logic II , Dolby Digital , DTS decoder , Dolby Pro Logic
- Auto Sound Calibration (ASC)
- Digital Sound Processor (DSP)
- Surround System Class: 5.1 channel
- Output Power / Total: 1000.0 Watt
- Timer: Sleep
- Radio Type: Radio tuner - Digital
- Additional Features: DivX playback, Wi-Fi compatible, USB direct input, WMA compatible, MP3 decoding, JPEG photo playback
- Connectivity: HDMI out; Component-video output; composite-video output; headphones; HDMI in; digital optical in; composite A/V in
- Media Formats: CD-RW, CD-R, Video CD, DVD-RW, DVD-Audio, DVD-R, CD, DVD
- Supported Digital Video Standards: DivX (ver.4), DivX (ver.3.11), DivX (ver.5), WMV
- Accessories included: Remote control
User Reviews (2)
mids and highs are clear and distinct
bass output is high-powered, enough volume for any home environment
takes up a fair amount of room, no wall-mounting
subwoofer is very large, requires an independent power source
very little backwards compatibility with older home theater equipment
takes a long time to get used to the controls, a bit confusing
control layout, even when understood, is awkward
assembly of the speaker base for each speaker is time consuming
You may also like...