Harman Kardon CP-65
Released September, 2008
The Pros:Audio clarity and detail are very good. Surround effect is excellent, provides a good sense of space. General operation is pretty straight-forward, not very complicated.
The Cons:Not capable of very loud volume, restricted to small or medium sized rooms. All devices look a little basic and boxy, a bit of an ugly design. Setup instructions are a bit confusing.
The Harmon Kardon CP-65 is a 5.1 channel DVD theater system comprised of an A/V receiver, DVD player, and loudspeaker system. The included 7.1 channel AVR 347 receiver produces 385 watts of power (55 watts per channel) and features DCDI by Faroudja processing, HDMI 1.2a connectivity, video upscaling to 720p, and A-BUS multiroom capability.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
The DVD 48 DVD player upscales DVDs to 1080p with Faroudja technology for clear playback and supports SACD, +/- DVD-R, CD-R/RW, MP3, WMA, VCD, and JPEG formats. Harmon Kardon's HKTS 18 loudspeaker system includes 4 satellite speakers, a dual-midrange center channel speaker, and a 10" subwoofer with a built in 200 watt amplifier. The CP-65 system comes with a universal remote control, microphone and all the required cables for installation. The system is much more advanced than Harmon Kardon's CP-60 system with a higher-end DVD player, A/V receiver, and speaker system than the CP-60.
- 5.1 Channel DVD Theater System (upgradeable to 7.1 channels with optional HKS 9 speakers)
- A/V Receiver: AVR 347
- 7.1-Channel, 385W: 55 watts x 7
- DCDI by Faroudja processing
- Audio/Video processing, upscales video to 720p
- Simplay HD™-verified HDMI™ 1.2a connectivity
- A-BUS multiroom capability
- DVD Player: DVD 48
- 1080p upscaling with DCDI by Faroudja technology
- DVD Player compatibility: +/- DVD-R, SACD, CD-R/RW, MP3, WMA, VCD, JPEG
- Loudspeaker Complement: HKTS 18
- 4 satellite speakers, 1 dual-midrange center channel speaker, and a 10-inch subwoofer with a built-in 200-watt amplifier
- Comes with universal remote control with EzSet technology, microphone, and all required cables
User Reviews (1)
audio clarity and detail are very good
surround effect is excellent, provides a good sense of space
general operation is pretty straight-forward, not very complicated
plenty of bass response for rumbling movie sound effects
not capable of very loud volume, restricted to small or medium sized rooms
all devices look a little basic and boxy, a bit of an ugly design
setup instructions are a bit confusing
remote control requires extensive programming and a lot of reading
You may also like...