Released December, 2003
The Pros:Good quality sound, clear and detailed. Easy to set up, everything is well labelled and instructions really aren't needed. RCA inputs work with a wide variety of legacy equipment.
The Cons:Doesn't have any HDMI or optical inputs. DVD player only supports up to 480p, no further upscaling. Included wires are fairly thin, cause noticeable distortion that goes away with thicker aftermarket wires.
The Coby DVD938 is a 5.1 channel DVD home theater system offered by Coby Electronics. This is a simple, compact, affordable and easy set-up system that consists of a DVD player, five full-range satellite speakers and a subwoofer with an overall output power of 600 watts.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
An added feature not seen on lower models is dual microphone inputs for the karaoke function. The subwoofer is made from wood and features a tuned port for a deep bass response and the satellite speakers can be used as wall-mount or desktop speakers. The progressive scan DVD player is capable of playing DVD, DVD+/-R/RW, CD, CD-R/RW CD+G and JPEG discs, is NTSC/PAL Compatible, has a built in AM/FM tuner and has built in USB/SD card slots. There are coaxial digitaland RCA stereo outputs as well as RCA composite and component video outputs. Also included with the unit is a full-function remote control, batteries, speaker cables, AM loop antenna, FM antenna and AV cable.
- 5.1-channel progressive scan DVD player with integrated amplifier
- DVD, DVD±R/RW, CD, CD-R/RW, CD+G and JPEG compatible
- Dolby digital decoder
- Plays digital media files directly from USB drives and SD/MMC/MS cards
- Integrated digital AM/FM tuner with 40-station preset memory
- Dual microphone inputs for karaoke function
- Digital and analog AV outputs for home theater use
- NTSC/PAL compatible
- Convenient front panel and on-screen display
- Multiple language, subtitle, and camera angle support
- Parental lock control
- AC 100-240V automatic power switching
- FCC approved & ETL listed
- Home theater speakers included
- 5.1-channel surround sound system with 600W total output
- 5 full-range satellite speakers
- Subwoofer with tuned port for deep bass response
- Display Type: Front Panel, On-Screen
- Media Support: DVD, DVD±R/RW, CD, CD-R/RW, USB flash drive, SD/MMC/MS cards
- Format Support: Video: MPEG-1, MPEG-2 (DVD); Audio: CD; Photo: JPEG
- Video System: NTSC/PAL
- Tuner System: Digital AM/FM with 40-Station Preset Memory
- Menu Language Support: English, Spanish, French, Portuguese
- Audio Input: RCA Stereo Audio
- Audio Output: RCA Stereo Audio; Coaxial Digital Audio
- Video Output: RCA Component Video; RCA Composite Video
- Amplifier: Integrated 5.1-Channel Amplifier
- Speaker Output (peak): Satellites: 80W x 5 (4 ohms at 1 kHz, THD 10%); Subwoofer: 200W (8 ohms at 100 Hz, THD 10%); Total Output: 600W
- Power: Main Unit: AC 100-240V; Remote: 2 x 1.5V "AAA"
- Unit Dimension (WHD): Main Unit: 16.8" x 2.2" x 10.2"; Satellites: 3.5" x 5.2" x 3.1"; Subwoofer: 4.3" x 11.8" x 11.7"
- Package Dimension (WHD): 13.97" x 11.93" x 20.63"
- AV Cable
- Remote Control
- 2 x 1.5V "AAA" Batteries
- Speaker Cables
- AM Loop Antenna
- FM Antenna
User Reviews (2)
good quality sound, clear and detailed
easy to set up, everything is well labelled and instructions really aren't needed
RCA inputs work with a wide variety of legacy equipment
enough output volume for a small or medium sized room
doesn't have any HDMI or optical inputs
DVD player only supports up to 480p, no further upscaling
included wires are fairly thin, cause noticeable distortion that goes away with thicker aftermarket wires
similar systems with more modern connections are available at the same price
You may also like...